Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Friday, October 18, 2019

More blooms


The queens wreath is happy as well as my neighbors honeysuckle



and I have to tell you the story about this little tree.....


Originally the neighbors had one of these trees on the other side of the block wall and apparently a nut fell down on my side of the fence and started this tree and the neighbors tore theirs down:) The butterfly is metal and made for me by a friend, it is tethered into the ground so it won't fly away in the wind.

This week the high is 85 which is like early summer for us here and why we get blooms twice.   

7 comments:

Sandi said...

So gorgeous and peaceful looking!

Tired Teacher said...

Fun story behind the tree in your yard. Love the butterfly sculpture: your friend is very talented.

Mari said...

I like your tree story! I also like your butterfly. And - I'm jealous of your weather. It was 32 degrees when I went in to work this morning.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We were lucky to see a high of 65 here this week and had a couple of nights with frost warnings, but the flours in my flower boxes are still blooming here. I keep wondering how much longer I'll be watering them. I love your butterfly and the story of the tree. Nice your neighbor's tree was the sharing kind.

BeachGypsy said...

That butterfly is pretty!! Loved the pictures of the trees and the roses in the previous posts too! Hope your Fall is going well. We are still in the 80s here and roasting. Ya'll are probably the same??

Debbie said...

the honeysuckle must smell divine and i LOVE the butterfly. i need one of those!!

and that little nut did an awesome job, the tree is so pretty!!

Brig said...

Cool and rainy here, but the colors of the trees are spectacular, I'll take it...
Liked your tree story, and the butterfly is high art. What a talented friend you have.