Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Tues. night dinners

Oh me, oh my I seem to have lost my mojo on this. I am still cooking on Tues. but there have been several that just wasn't that great and I did a couple of already made ones. One of my disappointments was a pot roast. I followed the directions to a tee...brown meat add liquids and cook on very low heat or a couple of hours. I had visions of the meat just falling away but no...tough as nails. The potatoes, carrots and onions were wonderful.


This past week I made a Chicken Fettuccine and it was good but really too rich so I won't be making it again but this one was different because along with mushrooms they added pine nuts and that was really good. I added a spinach salad that was just great and straight from a bag. I had left over mushrooms so added that too but if you have not tried these all in one salads you should. You could easily add shredded chicken and it would make a whole meal.




5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Haven't seen that salad mix here. Have to keep an eye out for it.

Tired Teacher said...

Try a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot to get a really tender roast.

Mari said...

Oh Yum! I love pine nuts. This sounds really good!

Linda said...

I love your honesty! Not everything turns out just as we wish. I do admire the fact that you try new recipes. I used to and I intend to do that more. But I get in a rut and if worse comes to worse, Louis Dean and I eat a tall glass of crackers and milk and call it a day! Or a meal!!!

Debbie said...

i am not a huge fan of fettuccine because of the heavy, richness of it!! i LOVE pine nuts....

and i have had that salad kit and it is great!!!