Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sculpture


So you and I go to the local hardware store and we see.....


 galvanised steel pipes







But these two saw art.
Mike Tonkin and Anna Liu designed and erected this unusual sculpture in 2006 at Crown Point near Burnely in East Lancashire, England.

With a height of about 7 1/2 feet it is to represent a tree and so named "The singing tree"  but some feel it is reminiscent of a surreal church organ and especially when the wind blows.....



Amazing


7 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, that really is amazing. I'd love to stand there and listen to the wind go through it.

Granny Annie said...

We see truckloads of this pipe traveling the highways all the time. I never occurred to me to want to hijack a load of that pipe until now. Who knew it could turn into such a wonderful sculpture?

Bev said...

Oh my goodness...that is amazing!!

Bev said...

Oh my goodness...that is amazing!!

Lady Di Tn said...

Looks weirdly English. Singing Tree sounds haunting. Peace

Inger said...

I love people who see potential in ordinary things and make something fantastic out of them.

TexWisGirl said...

that is REALLY cool! tornado!