Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, April 8, 2019

Tuesday night dinner

I served this very dinner before...
And the recipe for the Cod can be found under "Cod" on my site but what was different is the fresh spinach. I have always eaten spinach from a can and started to wonder what is was like to cook it fresh. I settled on a simple recipe:
Garlic Butter Spinach
2 tbsl butter
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 pkg. spinach.
Combine the first four ingredients in a 2 quart micro safe dish and melt butter. Add Spinach and cook on high 2 min. or until spinach melts. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Anyone else have a recipe for spinach? I loved it. 

4 comments:

Linda said...

I’m like you, I usually eat canned spinach but I will try your recipe! While my friend, Reaoma, was at the nursing home I would feed her dinner. I always took a taste of each dish myself before feeding her. Well, one time they had this creamed spinach that was so good! I couldn’t believe it! The rest of the food was just bland but that spinach! I loved it! Reaoma did not so I got to eat it all!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I was like you but now love the fresh spinach. It tastes so much better!

Granny Annie said...

My Ron loved cod and I love spinach. Wish I had those recipes earlier. YUM

Debbie said...

i LOVE fresh spinach. i cook it on the stovetop. i start with a combination of 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 butter. to that i add a couple of cloves of minced garlic, a boat load of fresh spinach, s & p, and cook until it is just wilted. i have never eaten it any other way!!

your meal looks good!!