Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bubble gum pink


Well yes, I have to admit, I love bubble gum but what I am talking about here is a most unusual Lake......



















Lake Hittier



It can only be seen from the sky since it is prohibited to walk on Middle Island in Western Australia. The reason for this permanent pink color remains undetermined.

Despite the unusual hue, the lake exhibits no known adverse effects upon humans. From above, the lake appears a solid bubble gum pink, but from the shoreline it appears more of a clear pink hue. The shoreline is also covered in salt crust deposits. It is said that even if water is removed and clear water added to it ...it still remains pink.

9 comments:

Dana said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like that before. How strange!

Bev said...

How interesting!!

Nancy said...

Amazing!

Chatty Crone said...

I have seen this and isn't that the coolest thing!

Chatty Crone said...

I have seen this and isn't that the coolest thing!

Michelle said...

Very interesting. I've never heard of this!

Granny Annie said...

I have never seen or heard of such a thing. Amazing! Why can't you walk there? Mother Nature did this? It truly appears man made.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Very unusual.

Lady Di Tn said...

I agree with Wool Winder. Do you know why people are prohibited from walking on the Middle Island? I am much to fond of blue water so I do not think I would want pink water. Maybe I should paint a picture using pink water and see how well it goes over. Peace