Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, February 25, 2008

Behind the Scenes



No part of this information may be reproduced in anyway.
Interestingly on Walking Prescott blog today she highlighted the town that I grew up in and the author who did the foreword for the book. That is information that is way out of the timeline of events as I have been sharing but couldn't resist:)
Back home from Ponca City with the letters in hand, minus the route cards, I find I have become rather attached to these letters and not sure about parting with them. Maybe this other lady who was going to write a book and I could work together..........................
I found her phone number and called...................... Yes, she had done a little research but it was some time ago and now she was married with a new baby to care for so basically writing the book was on a back burner somewhere. I was disappointed and back to square one. What do I do with these letters.........................
Jokingly I told my husband as we were driving in the car......."Well, guess I will just have to write the book myself", He didn't respond right away but then said....."Maybe you should". Up until that point I hadn't seriously thought about it. After all, I had never taken writing classes, never had dreams of writing a book and didn't have much of an imagination which I felt you would need to write a book BUT, what I did have was the LETTERS and a wiliness to research.

No comments: