Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, April 27, 2020

Karaoke



Image result for picture of a karaoke machine


Karaoke (/ˌkæriˈki/Japanese: [kaɾaoke] (About this soundlisten)カラオケclipped compound of Japanese kara  "empty" and ōkesutora オーケストラ "orchestra") ...yes the name Karaoke comes from Japan, it is a  type of dining interactive entertainment or video game developed in Japan in which an amateur singer sings along with recorded music (a music video) using a microphone. The music is normally an instrumental version of a well-known popular song. Lyrics are usually displayed on a video screen, along with a moving symbol, changing colour, or music video images, to guide the singer.  The global karaoke market has been estimated to be worth nearly $10 billion
Hubby and I have been singing karaoke for many years now. We have one of these machines and our own cd's and practice here at home. It has been a wonderful adventure. I know a lot of people wait until they are three sheets to the wind and then get up and make a fool of themselves but for others it is a challenge to see how well they can sing a variety of songs. 
Not able to go now with the virus and sure do miss it. Update: Folks I tried to send you a song but it won't let me send it to my email. Says It is too big and even with doing only one verse but I tried!

5 comments:

Sandi said...

You can still sing! 😂 You can even post it here so we can sing along.

Susan Kane said...

You know, you could post one of your sessions. 3 sheets or more should give you the courage!

Mari said...

How fun is that? I think you need to post it too.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Kareoke is a lot of fun. My daughter and I used to sing together and I loved it.

Debbie said...

i think i would LOVE karaoke but the hubs would never go for it!!!