Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, August 5, 2019

Ambulance





The other day when I was driving to the hospital I saw a ambulance parked at the back of a gas station and it got me to thinking about what do they do between calls. It is something I had not thought of before and I realize that they don't have a station to wait at so I proceeded to go online and look it up. I found this wonderful article
http://mentalfloss.com/article/90007/14-behind-scenes-secrets-paramedics
which is full of a lot of interesting information on a not always appreciated group of people. But, I still have one question.....when waiting for a call in Phoenix, Az. and it is 110 degrees outside are you sitting in that tin box without the air on? All I can say is thank-you.

5 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Anyone, I mean anyone who sits in a car with no a/c on, has some real problems! Self-preservation is high on my list.

Mari said...

Paramedics are pretty amazing people! I get to know the regulars who come to our place and surely do appreciate them!

Debbie said...

i do see them walking around in the mall, indoor amusement parks, even in hershey...walking around in the a/c. perhaps they have places they know they can go between calls and be comfortable!!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Paramedics are mostly all great folks with caring hearts. I've seen them in Walmart, and occasionally at fast food joints, but I know a few and they do sometimes have a base of operation...a house or somewhere they can chill out. Kind of like a fire station.

Terra said...

They have chosen a heroic job and I hope they stay cool.