Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Saturday, January 5, 2019

What's new

Here is a new recipe that I love!




Mom's meat loaf for 2
1 egg
1/4 cup 2% milk
1/3 cup oatmeal
3 tbl. chopped onion (more if you like onions)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp sage
dash pepper
1/2 # ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbl. brown sugar
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
In large bowl combine all the above ingredients with the exception of the last three and mix well. Put in two miniature loaf pans. Mix the last three ingredients and spoon over loaves. Bake at 350 for 40 - 45 min.
We only ate one of the loaves so had the other for left over sandwiches...ummmm good.
Served with scalloped potatoes and parmesans asparagus.


On my needles..
This pretty baby blanket. I don't post much about knitting or crocheting but am making hats and blankets for the hospital where I volunteer.


6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Love the blanket and eager to try the meatloaf recipe.

Carole said...

I've not tried meatloaf with oats... I need to get some. Cheers and Happy New Year from Carole's Chatter

Mari said...

The blanket is very pretty!
My meatloaf recipe is very similar, but no Worcestershire sauce. I'll have to add that!

Debbie said...

oatmeal in meatloaf, how interesting. i guess the oats replace the traditional breadcrumbs. it does sound good. i "ice" mine the same way but use a little mustard in my "icing"!!!

Debbie said...

oooooh and i got so wrapped up in the meatloaf, i forgot about the blanket. a beautiful color and how very nice of you to do that!!! most peeps don't enjoy knitting posts BUT i love them!!!

Linda said...

This is exactly how I make my meatloaf! That sure sounds good today!