Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas at my house

I really drug my feet on putting up any decorations because our kids moved to Texas so no one was coming over. I did finally decide I would put up just a few things that were really easy so here they are....
Front door...
Kitchen counter

Half wall into living room
Fireplace

Nativity scene given to us at least 40 years ago.




Christmas card holder


and last but not least this little tiny Christmas tree. I can't say I put the tree up but rather that I put it here as it never is put away, simply covered and stored. I don't know how many years ago I bought this but have always liked it and bought very special tiny ornaments for it...
 

 


I have always struggled to find a star or something for the top and this year I saw a pattern to crochet a angel so I went to work and here she is...

I am pleased and must say I have really enjoyed all the lights















5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Everything looks festive. I love the tree and the angel. I need to find a similar sized tree for my apartment.

Mari said...

Everything looks really nice! I like the angel.

Debbie said...

awwww, looks so pretty!! we decorated early, our inspiration was that our son was coming for christmas. had he not been coming, i would have done very little!!

love the jar with lights, and your card holder - i painted something very similar many years ago!!

i have 3 small trees and we do the same thing. bike cover, then up to the spare bedroom where they are store. i still have another bedroom which is our guest bedroom!!

the crochet angel came out great and is a beautiful tree topper!! merry christmas!!!

Carole said...

Lovely decorations. I did n't do any this year other than my nativity set from Jerusalem which sits out all year round. Merry Christmas from Carole's Chatter

Brig said...

The crochet angel is beautiful. Loved all your decorations!
Not a lot of deco here, moving right before Christmas is not the best thing. But we are warm, and well fed & loved by friends & family so it is the best of times.