Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Tues. night dinner catch up

I don't know how I get so far behind and sometimes can't remember what I cooked haha...but here are a few anyhow.
Ham Fried Rice
2 beaten eggs
2 tbl. cooking oil
1 cup chopped fully cooked ham =6 oz.
1 2oz. can chopped mushrooms drained
3tb sliced green onion
1 tbl. soy sauce
1/4 tsp ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/12 cups cold cooked rice
In 10 inch skillet cook eggs in t tbs. of the oil without stirring, till set. Invert skillet over a plate to remove eggs and cut eggs into short narrow strips.
In same skillet cook chopped ham, mushrooms, green onion, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in the remaining oil over high heat for 3 to 4 min. Stir in cold cooked rice and eggs strips; heat through.
Served with steam vegetables and orange slices.


Last Tues. night I grilled marinated pork chops and asparagus
I didn't like the marinade and won't fix it that way again but did love the grilled asparagus.
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground black pepper
Wash and snap off hard parts of asparagus and dry with a towel
Combine all the above in zip lock bag and mix well, then add the asparagus and coat well. Then simply grill until done.


Need to do a little explanation here. I rarely grill and my hubby never does but my stove top has a built in grill...
It has a air sucker and all that but of course you then have to take it apart and clean it but recently I ordered one of those grill matts and they work! I would show you a picture but it is in the dish washer:)
Ended the dinner out with a baked pot.



3 comments:

Debbie said...

i have one of those indoor grills also, built into my countertop, it has the air sucker as well. i used it and loved it for about 15 or so years but after that, it didn't work well. i started to notice black specs of, i assume soot everywhere in the downstairs. i cleaned it good but it kept happening...i miss it!!

your food looks good, i have never had fried rice with ham but it sounds good!!!

Tired Teacher said...

My sister had a grill like that in her kitchen but she rarely used it, so when they remodeled she had it removed.

Mari said...

Looks good! I would like a grill like that!