Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, March 30, 2015

A sewing kick

Many years ago I sewed most all my clothes and my daughters but then she grew up and wanted to wear what the other kids wore and knit went out of style so fit became more difficult to accomplish but now that I am an older lady and am tending to like the loose flowing things I have decided to jump back into my fabric stash and if nothing else whittle it down and maybe hit on some things I really like while I am at it....
Here is my first one:
Hubby and I are going on a Viking cruise down the Danube in June and I wanted something to sit out on the balcony that was a little like a kaftan.
 
This is from fabric that I have had forever and thought I might like to wear a sundress this summer instead of shorts...
 
I had bought this fabric thinking I would make a cropped top to wear over a black dress and then decided I liked the fabric enough to just make a whole blouse (can still wear it over the black dress).
 
This is one I may not keep for long but for now it's okay..
 
I have been enjoying sewing and am hoping to hone in on a few patterns and maybe then get some new fabric with some new ideas....we shall see.
 
 

5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Nice job!

I used to make my own clothes when I was still working. I haven't made a garment in years.

Lady Di Tn said...

Great job. My Mother sewed all my clothes until she gave up sewing. I then drug out the machine and started myself. I was not as talented as she nor as fast but got several outfits to wear to work. About three months ago, I drug out the machine oiled her and redid some curtains for the little cabin next door. Not great but served the for the time being as it cut out the chill and light. I can see you now sipping your coffee while on the river cruise. Peace

Haddock said...

When I was in school, my dad used to stitch all my clothes but as we grew up we realised that it was not in line with the "fashion" and slowly we convinced dad that we were not looking "hep"
Have a nice time at the Viking cruise down the Danube.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That first one looks great, it is something I would wear:)

Granny Annie said...

Sew love your black and white kaftan!!