Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ecoduct

"Ecoduct" Do you know what it is? Have you ever seen one?
The first one was constructed in France during the 1950s and today there are hundreds of them.






Ecocuct are structures that allow animals to cross human-made barriers safely and may include underpass tunnels, viaducts and overpasses.


 Saves lives...animals and humans.





 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 
This one is Baniff Canada
 
I may have gone under one and just thought it was a tunnel:)

6 comments:

Linda said...

That's a clever idea! I don't think I've ever seen one. In downtown Dallas there is a tunnel with a park on top.....perhaps that's a version of what you are talking about.

Nancy said...

There are some in Wyoming that are used for wild game to avoid vehicles.

Lady Di Tn said...

There are several that I have seen but most are under the roadway so cattle can be moved safely to different pasture. Peace

Granny Annie said...

Those are such great inventions. We often see so many different types of animals attempting to cross treacherous highways and wish for something like this to protect them. I too wonder if I have driven under one without knowing what it was built for.

Michelle said...

Interesting. I did not know about these, but might have gone under one myself!

peggy said...

I'm visiting from Linda's blog and thought I would tell you I was fascinated by some of your posts. I think this overpass is the neatest thing. I will visit you again!