Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, January 27, 2014

Un-believable

Well I still can't add any pictures so here goes a boring post:)




Last night we went to one of our regular eating places. I am not going to give the name of it because I do not want them to be taken advantage of but this is what happened.


We always sit at the bar and there was a couple sitting down from us. They appeared to order mostly appetizer type things and weren't very nice to the waitress like making room for the big platter of chips she brought out and etc. Well, anyhow they ate everything in sight and then they had a problem....Their food didn't look like the picture on the menu and they just didn't enjoy it.


Really this is the truth....The manager was called and she sucked up to them like water on a paper towel. I am not sure if she discounted the food or what but she just smiled and agreed with them AND apologized.


I was dumb struck. It just wouldn't pay for me to be a manager if that is what the job requires and our server said it does because the business doesn't want any complaints against it so I guess it doesn't matter how ridiculous your complaint is you will get your way. Just another incident of how crazy our world is today.

9 comments:

Nonnie said...

I have known two people who pulled that and it was so embarrassing for us. It's about getting something for nothing. I sympathize with the owners.

Linda said...

I totally agree!!!! The things people do! Now WHY can't you post pictures??? This is beginning to concern me! Which I were a techy nerd and could help you!

Granny Annie said...

Try removing that "Life Quotes" from your sidebar and see if that helps. It has a big triangle and exclamation point on it. Maybe it is taking up too much space and won't allow you to add more pictures to your posts.

Meanwhile, my grandson who is a waiter at Olive Garden while he is in college can tell some stories of guests and their ploys to get out of paying that are unbelievable. It doesn't seem to affect his pay but does usually mean a lower tip and the management always goes along with the patron. Isn't it amazing what some people will do for a few pennies?

Dana said...

Some people...

Nancy said...

I don't have much patience with rude people like this. Obviously, they have done this before and had success. It makes me angry!

Lady Di Tn said...

It did not look like the picture but they ate all of it!!!!!!! I think all food business should post a big sign IF YOU EAT IT YOU PAY FOR IT. END OF SUBJECT. Otherwise some folks just make a game of cheating the hard working public. If you have ever worked in a restaurant or known someone who owns one, well it is a really HARD job so I have no use for people like that couple. Peace

Tracy Batchelder said...

It's all about pleasing the customer. A bad review on the Internet is probably worse than losing a few dollars on a meal. It does sound like they took advantage, though.

Anonymous said...

We had something similar happen at a local deli. A couple came in with their badly behaved child.

After eating what they ordered, they went to the manager and said the waitress had said something nasty about the woman behind her back.

The mgr. gave her a whole huge box of pastries and apologized profusely (a little TOO profusely). I felt so bad for the waitress. She really got thrown under the bus.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Did you use up all your available free space in Picassa? I pay $5 a year for lots of storage for photos for my blogs.

Sounds like a bunch of free loaders to me..they probably hit establishments one by one and don't go back:(