Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Vegas for fun

Normally we go to Las Vegas because of the gun show held there every year but I wanted to make a trip to go see the Mounted Shooting Championships
 I have mentioned before how much I like to watch it and so we decided to go and I could watch the competition and hubby could do a little gambling.
 
 
 We did take a side trip on the way up to the famous Skywalk....

Before you go you need to know that it is expensive.....like $70.00 each and about 20 miles looks like this...
 Rough dirt road
but....it is worth it! What a once in a lifetime experience. Unfortunately you can't take personal pictures or even bring purse, camera or anything else on the bridge so I will link you to this video that they have available to get a little idea of what it is like...
 
The other interesting thing about the side trip was the diversity of land in just 45 miles. First there was the desert with the dust devils...
 Notice the telephone poles along the road...don't see that very often anymore.
 
 Then it turned into a Joshua tree forest........You can read more about them here....
 Then high rock structures
 
 
 Then walls of rock
 
and out of nowhere.......
 
 
 
 The Grand Canyon with no barrier!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Amazing
 
Had a great time and somehow computer has started running again so I am back in business for a while:)
 
 
 


 

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Your photos are amazing! I'd love to see the Grand Canyon one day.

Yikes, $70 each is pretty steep for the skywalk. I think I would get too dizzy to get my money's worth.

Glad your computer decided to work again.

Chatty Crone said...

You are a brave girl! I am not sure if I could do that or not. I heard you have to wear like booties too. I am proud of you. sandie

Bev said...

Interesting....we have wanted to visit the North side... maybe some year...but $70.00...hmmm not sure about that....I think your tour might be good:))

Granny Annie said...

I have a lot of faith in God but not much in man and wouldn't pay ten cents to go out on the skywalk. Yikes!

Glad you are up and running again.

Tracy Batchelder said...

The clear floor would throw me off balance for sure.

Lady Di Tn said...

Glad your computer is working again. I thought you were just to busy to post. Thanks for sharing as this brought back fond memories of our trip to Arizona and our day trip to the cannon. Good to know that about the bridge. My frugal gene might keep me off the bridge. If I could take photos,I would not hesitate to pay the seventy bucks.peace