Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A happy plant

A little over a month ago I bought a little plant at the drug store. It was one of those little potted things that looked kind of sad with broken stems but It was a plant I have wanted for a while and it was cheap soooooooooo I bought it.
Well, I planted it in pot and found a spot to put it and look at it now!
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Well, so okay, it is one of the easiest plants to grow and it is very aggressive but you have to admit this Wandering Jew is pretty with it purple under leaves...
and what a little gift, this bloom....

I call this a happy plant.

10 comments:

Nancy said...

One of my classrooms had a wall of southerly windows, and I had many plants on the ledge - one was the Wandering Jew. It thrived in the sunshine, as did a Jade Plant. I miss those windows.

Michelle said...

A beautiful blossom.

TexWisGirl said...

awww. it found a loving home.

Tiggeriffic said...

I didn't know they had a bloom.. What a great surprise that would be to see. It's so delicate~!
Have a great day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

Bev said...

I use to have one of those... sorta forgot about them!!...Never knew they bloomed...how wonderful!!

Dawn said...

Oh YAY for you not giving up on it:)))

Granny Annie said...

I want a happy plant. My plants come here happy and in no time I will have them sad and droopy.

Chatty Crone said...

Everyone tells me it is easy to grow plants - I don't agree - I am gad for plants. sandie

Linda said...

I have some of this in my side yard. A friend cut some off hers and told me to just 'throw it in the flower bed - it will grow!' And so it did. I think she called it Wandering Jew.

Lady Di Tn said...

It is not Wandering Jew as I thought for so many years but is called Purple Heart. It makes a great ground cover outside and I have it in front of my pink rose bushes. Peace