Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, September 26, 2011

Collection or Obsession

I  LOVE  cookbooks and you may not think it to be that unusual but when you consider I no longer cook it is a little odd.......I have them everywhere...
On the counter as a display


A shelf in the dinning room..see that one on the right? It was my Mom's 


In a basket

                                                                       On top of the  kitchen cabinets

On top of the microwave

On top of the refrigerator


Shelf above the sink

But this is only a fraction of them because there is a cabinet reserved just for them above the little desk area



 

Notice the box on the bottom right....


It holds all of these.....


and see all these files?


They are filled with recipes I have cut out of other books or made copies of.

and of course I have my own recipe book I have compliled over the years

I often buy little recipe books when  trave like this one I bought in San Antonio, Texas

But
there is even more.......
I collected all of these for a specialty resturant I was dreaming about and many of these
included pictures
and when I go to the grocery store or any other place what is the first thing I go to look at?

                    Cookbooks  (I think I may have a problem)









8 comments:

Granny Annie said...

SIX INGREDIENTS OR LESS is my Bible cookbook. Surely it is one that you do open. For some reason I own a lot of cookbooks too but usually go to the internet for new recipes. LOL

Bev said...

Okay all those cookbooks and you DON"T cook??? How do ya get away with that??!!

Michelle said...

I also own quite a few cookbooks. They are so much fun and many of mine contain history/stories about food.

Chatty Crone said...

I love cookbooks too and I don't love to cook, but I am trying!!! sandie

Carol............. said...

I think I have the same problem! I LOVE to look at cookbooks...it just seems comforting to me in some strange way.

Now that the kids have their own homes I don't cook as much as before because I really only know how to cook for a "vload" of people...therefore we hae family get togethers as often as possible, LOL.

Allison said...

Hehe... you are so organized!! You should see my notebook of recipes - they're all falling out. Must get to work! :)

ain't for city gals said...

I would rather look a nice cookbook than a magazine...I have to admit I like the newer ones with all the big pictures and stories. I hardly ever use one though I still cook alot...

Lady Di Tn said...

LOL
Sounds like we all have the same addiction. Collecting cookbooks is a fun hobby and we like to spend time reading them to one another(especially my SIL and MIL) Someday I will have to count the ones we have. LOL Peace