Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Slip sliding away..................

Hubby and I were out taking a stroll in the back yard last Friday and of course I noticed the grass growing in the ground cover on the little mound so I suggested we pull it.....I went to step down the mound to dispose of my accumulated grass and started sliding.........well, I decided to not include the first picture since the ankle was not only out of the socket but one of the two fractured bones went through the skin so here is is today.....
One week in this and then four weeks in a cast and then we start therapy and then......

we will see if I can still dance. Actually, I will be happy to just be able to walk without this walker. If you think the injury hurts...the muscles to support yourself on this walker are screaming!!


9 comments:

Nancy said...

Ouch!

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Mevely317 said...

OMG Monica ... between this and your home invasion ... too close to the edge! Hope you'll be dancing again soon!

PS - Cute toes! :)

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - I am so sorry you got hurt. Take care of yourself. I'll say a little prayer for you tonight. sandie

adoodleaday said...

Ouch! I hope it heals quickly and better than before. Loads of love :)

Lady Di Tn said...

Bless you. My Jill fall down the hill only ended in sore muscles but your fall makes mine pale in comparison. Do take care and remember when you do the therapy if it hurts don't do it. That was how I was told to handle the therapy for my back after the surgeries. Peace

Granny Annie said...

Oh,oh,oh bless your heart. Get to dancing soon.

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to you for a super speedy recovery.

Birdman said...

I'm glad you gave us the bloodless shot. Amazing what a bit of a false step will lead us. You don't want to know about my knee...

JeanMac said...

So sorry to hear this - speedy recovery.