Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Showing off doesn't pay

Friday, hubby took me to a western store to see about getting a new pair of boots. I tried them ALL on including this sexy little number


I put one on and went traipsing up to the mirror telling hubby "Look at these!"






Yep, you guessed it

ankle twisted and I went right down on my (arse). The first thing I did is hope no one saw me, the second thing I did was try to get up and the last thing I did was wonder what I hurt. It is a little dangerous falling when you are in your 60's. Well, thank goodness for this nice little layer of fat I have, because I must have bounced and only have a sore ankle.....
and just as soon as I am no longer gimpy, I can wear my new boots.
Note to self: Showing off doesn't pay

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Ouch - injury to pride AND the ankle! Baby the ankle for a few days and keep it elevated when you can.

JeanMac said...

Oh, boy, so glad you are not badly hurt. I love, love, love cowboy boots!

Michelle said...

Cowboy boots are the best! Glad you were not hurt.

Mevely317 said...

Whew!!!
Bet-cha you look like a million bucks in them!

Granny Annie said...

Despite the danger involved, you're making me want a new pair of boots! Hope you get better before you get worse.

Lady Di Tn said...

Glad to hear you are okay and you will enjoy those new boots. I just love boots. My Mother's last job was working for Texas Boot and Puppy got three really neat pairs from Grandma. I have Dad's boots and glasses and I had planned to make shadow boxes with them for the Grandkids but alas the project is still on hold. Peace

Chatty Crone said...

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend with such a good attiude. Get better and have fun in those boots. sandie