Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The doll room

Here are a few more of my favorite things found in the doll room...... Some beautiful brides





A very old pair of bookends that were my Mom's
















A collection of mini dolls

Here is one close up.................
These are little porcelain dolls


A set of china dishes that were mine as a girl



The doll house I made during the O.J. Simpson trial. There is a little story that goes with this. I bought it already put together with the idea of just doing the decorating part but after I got it home I realized that it had been put together with a hot glue gun and there was glue everywhere! I called a store that specialized in doll room things and they told me to just take a hair dryer and I could melt the glue and take it all apart...sure enough so basicly I did start from scratch and yes I did the shingle roof and the electric inside for the lights.
It sits on this stool and revolves so you can see inside................................


There are dolls in unexpected places

and dolls with top billing



















Old dolls that were mine as a girl


Dolls that were gifts




















and pretty much dolls everywhere!














7 comments:

Nancy said...

How lovely to have a room dedicated to your collection. I have a few dolls from my childhood, but they are packed away. I always wanted a bride doll but never got one.

Granny Annie said...

A gun-totin' doll collector!

Chatty Crone said...

You have so many beautiful dolls - I loved the first one - the bride.

My mom had a big beautiful dollhouse like yours - with shingles and lights. Brings back memories. Wish she was still here.

JeanMac said...

I have never seen miniature dolls before. You have a lovely collection.I have the doll dress from my doll, given to me in 1950. Doll is long gone, too bad.

Lady Di Tn said...

What a beautiful and peaceful room. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love the bookends and the shy girl behind the post. Peace

Michelle said...

The dollhouse is quite impressive. I do love the bookends. Isn't it nice to have that space for them.

Shammickite said...

The doll house is beautiful! That's a very impressive collection of dolls. I still have some of my doll house furniture from my childhood, but my mother gave the doll house away. I wonder if it still exists?