Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Friday, April 20, 2012

R - Rabbit

My daughter's love for rabbits all started with just one rabbit who's name was zippy. The cutest LITTLE black rabbit you ever saw...I posted about him here when we took him "speed dating".

Well, that love has grown and she now has now adopted/fostered eight rabbits. All are bonded and through her ventures I have learned a great deal about rabbits.

Up until that time a jack rabbit was the extent of my knowledge....
You know....the kind out in the desert that are wild and not really very cute but oh my there are so many others....



 A little dwarf rabbit.......




 A lion head rabbit





 A Flemish giant rabbit





 These are the hardest to place for adoption. Apparently people don't like the pink eyes.








 The lop eared rabbit

 


Do you know what a rabbit does when it is REALLY happy?
  It called "blinging"

 


and when it is un-happy?
  Thumps


and why they ever came up with the Easter bunny
 is sure a mystery since they don't lay eggs.


 

9 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Oh Monica this is the best letter in the world! What a great post and what fun rabbits. Please tell me that Flemish rabbit was photo shopped. The videos are so cute. And since I am used to kittens in a nesting box it's no shock to see baby rabbits there as well. What are baby rabbits called by the way? And can a rabbit be housebroken?

Changes in the wind said...

Grannie Annie those are some great questions....No the Flemish rabbit is not photo shopped they are giants....a baby rabbit is called a kitten, kit or bunny and no you can't house break them that I know of but they are so sweet.

Lynn said...

That Flemish rabbit is scary! Like if you were having a nightmare and a rabbit like that came around the corner. :)

TexWisGirl said...

they're so cute.

Bev said...

LOL...I like that flemish rabbit....

Dana said...

I used to ask the Easter Bunny to bring me a bunny, but he never did. :(

Adorable pictures!

Chatty Crone said...

They are so cute. sandie

Inger said...

So adorable and how nice that your daughter takes care of rabbits. Here in the canyon, we have jack rabbits and cottontail rabbits. The sit out in the yard and nibble.

Lady Di Tn said...

My Grandpa use to raise rabbits and I will not put down why because others might get upset. Anyway, being a kid, I would take a few bunnies out and play with them. Also, played with the baby chicks, frogs and goats. A lady who worked at the thrift store, always had flop ear bunnies and she said hers were easily trained to a litter box. Peace