Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O - Oval

Lazare Kaplan created the Oval shaped diamond in the early 1960s. It is a variation of the Round Brilliant and, with its 56 facets, is full of brilliance and fire.
The Oval cut is an adaptation of the Round Brilliant and usually looks larger than a round stone of the same carat weight. It is a great alternative for someone wanting the look of the Round Brilliant, but also looking for something a little different. The length of the Oval accentuates long slender fingers.


The Oval Office, located in the West Wing of the White House, is the official office of the President of the United States.
The room features three large south-facing windows behind the president's desk. It has four doors: the east door opens to the Rose Garden; the west door leads to a private smaller study and dining room; the northwest door opens onto the main corridor of the West Wing; and the northeast door opens to the office of the president's secretary.



There are many oval race tracks and one of the better known ones....

Indianapolis Speedway...........Two and a half miles long the race is 200 laps which makes 500 miles.




Although that diamond is tempting....my most favorite oval?

 This antique oval picture of my mother.

8 comments:

Heather Murphy said...

That is an interesting history of the oval diamond but the picture of your mother is beautiful

Sharkbytes said...

I think we have that same oval frame! I like ovals better than circles. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

TexWisGirl said...

the oval photo is beautiful.

Inger said...

I love the oval frame too.

silverlight said...

so fortunate an heirloom to have.

Sue McPeak said...

Nice post on the Oval...with varied oval information. My favorite, as well, is the Oval Framed Photo. As you saw in my 'N' post I had a vintage Oval Wedding Photo of my Great Grandmother...yes, my stories are based on Family History...just a bit of embellishment. Thanks for visiting...Sue

Tammy said...

I love your beautiful oval frame.
What a treasure!

Granny Annie said...

I love these great examples of Ovals. We too have a treasured antique oval frame but it holds a picture of my husband's grandfather, a very stern looking fellow.