Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, April 16, 2012

N - Noodles

Noodles....who doesn't like them?

Eat them with your fingers.....
Eat them with a fork........
Eat them with chop sticks.......
Or just slurp them in. No matter how you eat them they are.......GOOD!

Have you ever eaten or fixed home made noodles? Maybe you think you need one of these...
but the truth is you only need one of these.....
and it is so easy. Won't you give it a try?

 
Mom's recipe for Home made noodles  (I usually double this recipe).

1 egg         3 tbl. cold water

Beat the above together with fork. Add enough flour to make a real stiff dough. Roll the dough out thin
and let dry, turning  over every so often, should take a few hours.

Roll dough up and cut.....
Unroll and drop noodles into broth of your choice.... Cook until soft like regular noodles but you won't believe the difference in taste......umm.

You can make chicken/pork broth and shred the meat over over top

My Dad's favorite was to add shrimp, green onions and hard boiled egg



 

14 comments:

Dana said...

Delicious!

I also wrote about noodles today. :)

Unknown said...

For me, noodles are what give me an excuse to eat the sauce.

Lucy

Lynn said...

Yum! Noodles makes an excellent N post! I have eaten homemade pasta, but I have never made it.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You bet that's all ya need sister!!! I've been makin' my Granny Walden's noodles for decades with a little flour and an old fashioned rollin' pin.

Ya gotta love those homemade noodles...they make everything taste better!!

God bless and have a glorious week sweetie!!! :o)

nutschell said...

i do love noodles:) and i enjoyed the pictures you posted here.
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com
Happy A-Zing!

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Such darling pictures of your little one eating your noodles. I know homemade tastes better and my hat's off to you for taking the time to do them. Just stopping by to say hi on the challenge,

Inger said...

I loved the kiddie pictures. I think I tend to eat noodles like that last little boy.

Dawn said...

Oh YUM!
A runners favorite food;))

Heather Murphy said...

I have eaten Ramen Noodles for lunch for as long as I can remember. They are SO bad for you but taste SOOOO good!

Michelle said...

I would like to try this recipe! Just might this coming weekend!

Bev said...

My mom always made homemade noodles...with the rolling pin...when I was about 8 ...she got a noodle machine...now I have it...and don't make them often enough!!

Carol............. said...

What fun! I used to make homemade noodles (the rolling pin way) years ago when the kids were young. Too much trouble if there's only two to feed...LOL.

Thanks for the fun memory!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Yummy! I'll have to try this recipe one day.

Granny Annie said...

I love noodles! Yes, I thought a pasta machine was needed, yet I knew my grandmother had made noodles without one and her's were the best. I think you left out flour in the recipe. How much would we need? Maybe I missed it or maybe it's one of those things a good cook would just know. LOL