I am following the excitement over at Linda's Life Journal. Her daughter, Amber, is expecting quadruplets!
Three girls and one boy
Around 22 weeks she was put in the hospital to monitor. Babies each weighted around 1 pound. Being pregnant with multiples is a whole different ball game.
Terms used for the order of multiple births in human beings are largely derived from the Latin names for numbers. Two offspring (twins) is the most common form, eight (octuplets) is the largest number ever successfully carried to full term with all children surviving.
- Two offspring – twins
- Three offspring – triplets
- Four offspring – quadruplets
- Five offspring – quintuplets
- Six offspring – sextuplets
- Seven offspring – septuplets
- Eight offspring – octuplets
- Nine offspring – nonuplets
- Ten offspring – decuplets
- Eleven offspring – undecuplets
- Twelve offspring – duodecuplets
- Thirteen offspring – tridecuplets
- Fourteen offspring – quadecuplets
- Fifteen offspring – quindecuplets
- Sixteen offspring – sexdecuplets
- Seventeen offspring – septdecuplets
- Eighteen offspring – octdecuplets
- Nineteen offspring – nondecuplets
- Twenty offspring – icosuplets/viguplets