On a sad note had to put my little dog down yesterday. He was 13 years old and worn out. It is a hard thing as most of you know first hand.
On a funny note, I have danced with my hubby for over 50 years barefoot....
New Exam, you only need 4 correct out of 10 questions to pass.
1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get cat gut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
Remember, you need only 4 correct answers to pass.
Check your answers below ....
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador3) From which animal do we get cat gut? Sheep and Horses4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Squirrel fur6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert8 ) What color is a purple finch? Crimson9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?Orange (of course)What do you mean, you failed?
(And if you try to tell me you passed, you LIED!)
|PRICKLY PEAR JELLY|
1 gal. prickly pear cactus fruit, very ripe, deep garnet color
4 c. juice
4 c. sugar
2 pkgs. fruit pectin
Gather the fruit using tong and gloves. Put fruit in sink with water. Using tongs, swish in water to remove stickers. Cut fruit in half. Place in large pan. Boil until fruit is shriveled. Mash with potato masher. Strain through jelly bag or cheese cloth. Bring juice and pectin to boil. Add sugar and boil to jelly stage. Pour into jelly glasses and seal.
|synonyms:||honesty, probity, rectitude, honor, good character, principle(s), ethics, morals, righteousness, morality, virtue, decency, fairness, scrupulousness, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness |
"I never doubted his integrity"