Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Symptoms

Symptoms

By Mayo Clinic staff

Signs and symptoms of a kidney infection may include:
■Fever

■Back, side (flank) or groin pain

■Abdominal pain

■Frequent urination

■Strong, persistent urge to urinate

■Burning sensation or pain when urinating

■Pus or blood in your urine (hematuria)

When to see a doctor?
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any signs or symptoms that worry you. Also make an appointment if you're being treated for a urinary tract infection, but your signs and symptoms aren't improving.
Severe kidney infection can lead to life-threatening complications. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience typical kidney infection symptoms combined with bloody urine or nausea and vomiting.

I didn't need to look up this information because I recognized the symptoms from past experience except the pain was unbelievable! I called to make an appointment with my doctor and he couldn't see me for two days so I took another Dr. for the next day...whew. Appointment was at 11:00 am and just held on best I could....waited and waited and waited and was needing to pee and knew they would want a urine sample so held on and finally at 11:45 I was called and told to give the sample. I waited and waited and waited and finally the Dr. showed up at 12:40 pm...yep, it was is a urinary tract infection and he will send the antibiotic right over to my pharmacy. The pain was so bad that I decided to go right home and take one of the red pills that makes the pain go away and eat some lunch before going to get the medicine (was afraid that if I took it before they wouldn't be able to do the culture). Still not much relief but headed for the drug store and guess what? They had no record of the medicine being faxed in. I call the Dr. office this is at 1:30 pm and yep it hasn't been sent over yet and will take about two hours to process. Now look I try really hard to remember I am not the only person needing to be cared for but it was just about this time that I thought I might lose it...it was sure a good thing I wasn't dying but only feeling like I was.
I am happy to report that I am feeling much better this morning and need to be thankful for those little things...like peeing with no pain.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Ouch!

I'm glad you are feeling better today.

Tiggeriffic said...

Goodness to be urinary infection I think is the worse.. It feels like your whole insides are trying to get outside..
I drink 1/8 of a cup of apple cider vinegar every morning and I haven't had a urinary infection in years.
Glad you are feeling better.. That is nasty that the Dr. didn't call in your medication right away.. I know they must be busy but they should know that this was one prescription that needed to be taken care of NOW~!..
ta ta for now from Iowa

Granny Annie said...

Oh bless your pea-pickin' heart. A very similar situation happened to Ron and we totally sympathize with you. Yes, at a time of such pain YOU are the only patient in the world. And while the doctor is ultimately to blame, we find our doctor's assistant is usually to blame and the doctor needs to keep help so badly that she just keeps letting it slide. Our health care is going to hell in a hand basket. (What is a hand basket?)

Lady Di Tn said...

Been there and done that and it really is "NO FUN". Glad to hear today is a better day for you. My friend loved your book I gave him.
Peace

Chatty Crone said...

I sure hope you get better and feel better soon.

Happy New Year!

SANDIE

Michelle said...

I think it was kind of rude that the meds were not called in right away. I mean, there are people working there who do those things in the office. Hope you are feeling better. I have had UTI's before and they can be terrible.

JeanMac said...

so glad you finally got help

Nancy said...

There's nothing worse than an UTI. Well there is, but not when you are experiencing the symptoms you described. It's just plain aweful.

I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Mountain Mama said...

I'm so sorry you have the Kidney infection. I hope you will be feeling much better soon. And thank you for posting the symptoms. I only have one kidney left and am trying to take care of it.