Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome

Several years ago I read an article that pointed out how many people make sure their front door that greets quests is well groomed and welcoming but the door the home owner uses (back door, garage door and etc.)  is mundane. It poised the question of why and how we the homeowners should feel welcome to our own home so here was my solution......
How about you? Have you made your door welcoming to yourself?

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Very cute! My door and guests' door are one and the same so no problems there for me. And everyone gets the same doggie welcomes of excited tails wagging and begs to be petted. :)

Chatty Crone said...

I like that - and yes - sunflowers are on mine. sandie

Michelle said...

Yes, I keep my front, and back, porch decorated. I just love seeing it and want it to be as welcoming to me as it might be to others.

JeanMac said...

I have a weathered wreath which I am now reminded to replace!Love yours.

Joy Tilton said...

well, not exactly. The garage door is the one we come and go from and it needs a facelift! I never thought of this, makes a lot of sense! Have a great weekend...

Granny Annie said...

I never thought of this until now. Only strangers use our front door for welcoming. Friends and family use our den door which is where the welcome should be.

Dawn said...

oh i fail here....
With 4 kids leaving skis, boots, guns, bows and arrows, etc. at the entrance....what a gong show!
My FRONT door is mine though...so I always breath a sigh of relief when company comes to the front instead of the side door:))