- • 2 pounds fully cooked polska kielbasa, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 2 inch pieces
- • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- • 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- • 1 large sweet onion, cut into large pieces
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • 2 teaspoons sugar
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- • 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high and add kielbasa. Cook, without stirring for 1 minute. Then stir occasionally for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan with some of the rendered kielbasa fat, add the cabbage, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the vinegar and mustard; add the kielbasa back to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes to heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
This was very good but I added more oil to the cabbage and onion and covered it and let it cook until the cabbage was soft and then added the kielbasa back.
Sliced avocado rounded out our dinner.