Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Computer








With all the computer issues I have had, I have learned a few things and I thought I would share.
First off I downloaded the two programs below and I run each one once a month. They are free and safe and make a huge difference in how your computer runs.



After purchasing the new computer I wanted to donate my old one to a school but of course you have to be careful that all your personal information is erased and just deleting them is not enough. Fortunately, I found on the clearer program a erase for the hard drive and if you set it to swipe three times you can be reasonably sure that nothing can be brought back to life.


Malwarebytes Anti-Malware



Cleaner
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner


 I wish you smooth computering  for 2015!!

4 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

Good to know. The last time I downloaded and update from microsoft, I lost Word and now I cannot open any of my documents. I need to get my IT son on the problem. Peace

Nancy said...

I'm always leery about donating electronics even though I've erased the hard drive.

Granny Annie said...

I need both of those. Thanks!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I use the cleaner but we had a problem with the Malware Bites and unloaded it :(