Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Caution

I have gotten a flu shoot every year for the last couple of years...
 
But this year they asked me if I wanted the super dose and I figured I should have all the coverage possible.
In less than four hours I became very sick....fever, vomiting, diarrhea and etc. I called the Pharmacist and she said yes you can experience flu like symptoms and it should only last about 24 hours. 
 
Lord I am glad I didn't have the real thing! It is awful.....
 
I wished they would have told me ahead of time! So how about you? Have you ever gotten sick after taking the flu shot? Do you know anything about the "super dose"?

7 comments:

Nancy said...

In my area the super does is only given to those over 65, so I've never had it.

I got my flu shot (regular dose) two weeks ago with just a bit of an arm ache for a couple of days.

Granny Annie said...

No super dose here. I got the regular flu shot I guess. No one ask. The shot has never made me sick but often has made my arm hurt.

Judy S. said...

Have heard the ads but got the normal shot without even a sore arm this year. Maybe your reaction is why it wasn't even an option at our health facility?

cube said...

I've never had the super dose, but the regular dose always made my arm ache, and on some occasions, gave me some mild flu symptoms.

I hope you're all better now.

Chatty Crone said...

I have never heard of a super dose - don't think I will get it though. This silly little virus has done me in. I hope that you are feeling better.

Lady Di Tn said...

Never heard of a super dose. So far I have been lucky with flu shots and I will put the super dose effects in my memory bank. Peace

Anonymous said...

just a regular flu shot for me. Thanks for the heads up