Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Legacy

First off I must make a confession....I have gotten drawn (hooked) into Pinning and have ignored my blog:(  but the good news is I have found some of the most interesting things there that are inspiring me and this is one I will share with you.



These are pictures of the Muppets and different characters with their creator,  Jim Henson, at different stages of his life. Note the really young picture of him at the bottom.

Jim Henson (September 24, 1936 - May 16, 1990) was not only the creator of the Muppets, but also the founder of The Jim Henson Company, and the performer behind many of his company's most famous characters, including Kermit the Frog, Ernie, and Rowlf the Dog.

He made a radical change in the view of puppets and in the use of them. Children readily accepted them and were drawn to them.

 One of the most famous puppets was Kermit but just look at all the
 
 
 other ones that we came to recognize and love.
 
Henson was struck down in his prime when he became infected with an extremely rare bacterium called Group A streptococcus in May 1990 that was discovered too late for him to receive proper treatment. He died at 1:21 a.m. on Wednesday, May 16, 1990, approximately 20 hours after checking himself into the emergency room at New York Hospital, not realizing how sick he really was. He was only 54 years old.

and in 2005 this stamp was released in his honor.


For more information go to Muppet Wiki

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the image of Mickey and Kermit and hadn't seen it before.

Thanks, Mr. Henson, long live the Muppets!

Chatty Crone said...

I am with you on two counts - I love pinning! And and I love the Muppets!
I used to watch them all the time with my kids! sandie

Bev said...

How interesting!! And I love pinterest too...but have little time for either it seems

Bev said...

How interesting!! And I love pinterest too...but have little time for either it seems

Granny Annie said...

The world couldn't help but love him and all his characters.

Lady Di Tn said...

I always loved "Cookie Monster". I do think we all had a favorite and little kids still enjoy them. My youngest nephew was a HUGE Elmo fan.
Nice tribute. I have been doing since I have become mobile again. Like a bird out of her cage so I too have been absent on the computer. Peace