Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, September 23, 2013

Knitting bag

I saw this on Pinerest and just thought it was soooo cute. I got to thinking how much I would enjoy a "to go" knitting bag. One that would have everything already in it you might need like scissors, tape measure, crochet hook, needle and etc. and all you would have to do it grab your current project and go.
I went to the  savers store and found this bag for .99 cents
Turned it wrong side out with the cool seams showing....
Got a old pair of jeans with some neat little features and started cutting and sewing.
 Draw string pocket
 
 Little tiny pocket for stitch markers and etc.
 A little plastic case filled with different things fit perfect in this pocket and I left the top open for needles and taller items.
 A zipper pocket for on the other side and I first added the scarf but them I remembered how handy a bandana is in case of an emergency......
 
1. Signal (also see signal mirror)
2. Neck Gaiter for cold weather
3. Tourniquet (But for Snake Bites use a Sawyer Extractor)
4. Pot Holder
5. Collecting Wild Edibles
6. Sun block for neck
7. Sling (first-aid – also see medical kits for you BOB)
8. Sling (as in David and Goliath)
9. Sling (for a staff )
10. Cordage  (strips or as is)
11. Washcloth/Towel (Bathe out of a Collapsible Bucket)
12. Sweatband
13. Waist pack/pouch
14. Hobo Pack
15. Padding a hotspot
16. Cleaning Patches for Firearm
17. Bullet Patches for Muzzleloader
18. Gun Wipe Cloth (with oil)
19. Toilet Paper
20. Mark a Trail
21. Dish Rag
22. Napkin
23. Eye patch
24. Pre-water Filter (like Coffee Filters)
25. Clean Glasses and other lens
26. Ear Muffs
27. Bind a stone and toss a line over a limb
28. Dust Mask (in Urban Survival)
29. Wet and wear for Hot Weather
30. Sneezing
so I bought one of these and it is just perfect!
 The colors of the denim are not different it was just the lighting.
Love my little knitting "to go" bag.
 
 

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fun up-cycle project! Enjoy using your bag as well as all the compliments you are going to receive.

(I've also seen the bags made from Carhart coveralls.)

Bev said...

That is adorable!! I love it.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I really like all the different pockets. Nice job!