Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, March 5, 2012

Thursday is our day to go to the Country Club for dinner and the best part is always the view no matter what time of year...



But look what was there this week.......

See all those white things..........


Know what they are?


















They can weight up to 15 lbs. so can you imagine the strength it takes for them to fly....




Watch the video for the amazing sight and sound.....



So why were they at the country club?  Just getting a little water and food for the the rest of their migration to Wilcox, Arizona. I have lived in Arizona all my life and this was news to me.

10 comments:

Nancy said...

I love to hear their gurgling cries: it is very distinctive. I remember the first time I saw these tall birds on the farm. They are more common here now, but I am still amazed each time I see them.

Jill said...

We have them here in MN. too. I always look forward to their arrival. They see so prehistoric to me!

Love your view!

TexWisGirl said...

how NEAT!!!

Dawn said...

Wow! That is one BigBird:)
Nice views.

Michelle said...

Beautiful birds and so big!

Granny Annie said...

Amazing sights and sounds!

Chatty Crone said...

You could not miss them - at all. So tell me is it a good thing they are there or not. I couldn't tell. Hope you had a great dinner. Sandie

Tracy Batchelder said...

We really enjoy the Sandhill Cranes when they are here for the winter.

Lady Di Tn said...

Our friend in MI told us they kill moles with their beaks. Since he told us that I have secretly wished for a pair to have around here. Peace

Lap Dog Knits said...

Lovely view....
the only time I've ever seen these birds were when visiting Wisconsin a couple of years ago...
a very special treat to find them right in your own backyard.
Love Arizona...love it...if I weren't here in California I'd pack up and head to your area.
Wonderful state and it looks like you've found yourself a great place:-) enjoy your day friend!!