Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Travel Agent



When hubby and I were first married we used a friend as our travel agent to fly to the competitions but as time went on and I became more computer savy

 I realized that often times there were some better choices for us than what was being offered.

I took the plunge and began taking care of our travel needs myself. There are so many sites that are of great help but some of  my favorites are Expedia and tripadvisor.

One of my first attempts didn't involve flying but found a out of  the way hotel right on the beach in Pismo Beach that we stayed in compared to the local motel 6 that was being suggested and we were in heaven!

Overall,  I have been pretty successful in this indeavor with only one major dissapointment. One of our trips to Hawaii I picked a Hotel that ended up to be a disaster but hubby came to the rescue......told them to keep the money and we walked down the street and got a really nice room.............the best part.......he marked it up to experience:)

For the most part I enjoy doing this but it isn't always easy. I do a lot of searching to try to find things that we will like as you can attest to from my past posts. Sometimes the not so popular areas are easier to find neat things we like than those places that are traveled by large crowds.

Out of the country travel was a bit more challenging and still a little daunting to me ...............


so is it any surpirse to see my desk piled high to research our 45th wedding anniversary trip coming up in May?

Can you tell where we are going?

Any suggestions?

Don't think spell check is working so please forgive  any mis-spelling

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, good luck! but with your husband's attitude, it will be a great trip no matter what!

Nancy said...

What fun, it looks like you are going to Europe for your anniversary.

Scheduling my own flights and trips intimidates me, but I guess it is time for me to take the plunge and just DO IT.

Chatty Crone said...

Rome or Italy? Congrats! sandie

Lady Di Tn said...

Looks like Italy to me. You are one brave woman going out of the country. As for me there is too much in this country that I have not seen that I would love to visit to plan a trip abroad. Wow, 45 years. Congrats in advance. Peace

Linda said...

Where EVER you go I hope you have a grand time! AND I hope WE get to enjoy seeing and hearing all about via your blog!

Bev said...

Greece?

Tracy Batchelder said...

It looks like you might be going to Rome. I hope you find some great deals and have a wonderful time. Part of the fun is in the planning.

We considered a big trip for our 25th, but bought a boat instead (my idea). So, now we celebrate 25 years of marriage every time we take it out.