Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Was hoping for another visit

The date was suppose to be March 5th for the up-coming auction of many of Buckskin Bessie items  http://www.premierok.com/101ranch/index.html  (famous wild west performer that I wrote the book about...see the sidebar) and I had hoped to read some of the letters that are to be auctioned but they changed the date to the 12th and I already have a commitment on that day. I was truly disappointed because along with the auction we had planned on going back to Bartlesville, Okla. and stay at the Inn at Price Tower.
This is the only hotel designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
You really do experience a different relaxation in these rooms.
They are small and everything is angled (which I love) and most of one whole wall is glass that overlooks the city.


This is their Copper Restaurant and yes, that bar is all copper. The food was great and the view awesome. The trip was to also include going to Bessie's grave and re-visiting the Woloroc museum which has a  large display of 101 Ranch memorabilia, including many old photographs and a huge gun collection.

Well, the pictures were a nice remembrance but not as good as getting to go. If you are in the Ponca City Okla. area and have not visited these places I encourage you to go.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Sorry that you are unable to stay at the Inn. It looks fabulous - perhaps, another time.

Meg said...

That's too bad you won't be able to make the trip. Hopefully you can go soon though, just for a visit!

Lady Di Tn said...

What an interesting place to visit. I feel your disappointment and am happy you had photos to sooth your feelings. Peace

Chatty Crone said...

You have seen things I'll never see - glad you share. Sandie

Allison said...

I so admire Frank Lloyd Wright. Love the clean lines. I never knew he designed a hotel!!

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear that your plans didn't workout. Love the inn. I have not heard of it before. Really stunning rooms.

BTW...I bought my sign several years ago from Pottery Barn clearance section.

Granny Annie said...

I am determined to get to these places since they are all very close. If you are going to be in Bartlesville,let me know and Ron and I will try again to get with you guys.