Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just a little bump

I had this little bump on my nose that just didn't seem right so off to the dermatologist I went. After a biopsy I was informed my little bump was a basal cell carcinoma. The next step was to have a procedure called Mohs surgery to remove it. Monday was the day to do so and although I am quite sore and have a black eye, I am so thrilled to have it over with. I am a big baby with needles and etc. and was told that the numbing would be VERY painful....well, you can call it a miracle due to people praying for me but the first numbing was not bad at all...what a shock! The second numbing that was required was a bit more uncomfortable but fortunately it is over pretty quick. Not sure how many stitches there are.........................................


Now, for the really good news....with this Mohs procedure you come out with a 99% cure rate. It is a long procedure because the layers are tested each time before they do the constructive surgery ( I came out clean on the first layer) but the procedure took 6 1/2 hours so it was a long day. Stitches come out next Monday and I should be good as new.

This is going to be my lotion of choice from now on.......or one that has sun protection in it..........

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I'm so glad you had it done and it's over with. You'll do great. I had one about ten years ago. Best wishes. Remember to wear sunscreen every single day whether it looks cloudy or not!

Lady Di Tn said...

The percentage rate is great. However the time it took seems quite long. Glad you are doing well. Peace be with you.

JeanMac said...

All the best - very scary stuff. Take care.

Shammickite said...

Modern Medical science is truly a miracle. I'm so glad the procedure went well and a 99% success rate is good news.
Keep smiling, and use the sunscreen!

adoodleaday said...

All the best to you, hope it heals very quickly. Get well, and take care :)

smilnsigh said...

So happy that you caught it!

Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh
Photos-City-Mine