Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Meme

Saw this Christmas Meme on Lynne's blog and it sounded like a lot of fun, so here's mine:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I mostly use wrapping paper. I like to prolong the opening as much as possible:)

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. It is just easier and safer since they don't dry out but miss the smell and feel of the real ones.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually in mid Dec. Our kids come and put up the decorations and I fix dinner:)

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? I am not very fond of it. It is too sweet for me even with alcohol additions.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A stereo when I was around 12 years old. Loved music and played the heck out of it.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my mother gave us a beautiful nativity many years ago.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. We have discontinued to try to buy each other gifts and instead go on a nice trip after the holidays (usually to Mexico because it is warm....Mazatlan is my favorite).

9. Easiest person to buy for? My granddaughter. She is still young and wants and likes lots of things.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My brother-in-law and family gave us a pancake mix set my first Christmas in the family.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Snail mail. Have cut way down on cards because of the cost.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? None

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?I normally wait until Dec.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? No favorites here. Just like good food anytime anywhere.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights for me.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Family is close so no need to fight the crowds and travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Comet and Blitzen. Donner, Cupid, Prancer, Vixen, and Rudolph.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?I have a lighted wooden star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We have always opened gifts on Christmas Eve. Before we had to share our kids we would then have dinner on Christmas day. Now they go to the other side and open gifts and hubby and I go out for a country drive.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I really don't like those gigantic air blown Christmas decorations a lot of people have on their front lawns. Especially during the day when they are deflated. Does anyone else feel this way? Yes, Yes, Yes....I feel this way too.

23. What I love most about Christmas? It is the one time of the year that other people think of someone other than themselves and hopefully think about the birth of Jesus. If you read this-you're tagged!! Let me know-I'd love to see your answers.

2 comments:

Joni said...

I hate those inflatable things too. So cheap looking. LOL. Here comes the dots. LOL.

Lady Di Tn said...

Mimi and I were just discussing how we hate those inflatable objects just this week. I am so glad you hate em too.

Sunday morning show this Sunday had a nice comment that I will use again and again and here it is to share with you.

"This is the season for the Prince of Peace not the Queen of Diamonds."

This statement was made after they showed shopper rushing into stores like ants to a picnic.