Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Microwave poached eggs

I saw this recipe and decided to try it and to my great surprise it works!!!
Fill a large mug with water and crack an egg into it. There needs to be 1 to 2 inches of water above it. With a sharp knife poke a small hole in the yolk to keep it from exploding.
Cover it with  small plate and microwave for one minute. I had a glass mug that I used so could watch it cook and when it was done it floated to the top. I put it on top of a piece of toast and then smashed it to cover the toast and ate it like a open face sandwich...yummy!!! Should have taken a picture:(

9 comments:

Terra said...

Brilliant, this idea is new to me. Having the egg on toast sounds delish.

Susan Kane said...

This is perfect. My husb would seriously love this.

Mevely317 said...

Oh my! I'm going to try this tomorrow.

Tired Teacher said...

I love poached eggs, so I'll try this. Thanks

Mari said...

Wow! I'm going to try this. Thanks!

Granny Annie said...

I will definitely try this.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe. I love poached eggs and this is quick and easy way to do so.

Debbie said...

ooooh i am going to try that!! and yes, you should have taken a picture!!!

Changes in the wind said...

I am so excited you all are going to try it...just remember it is very important to cover the mug with a plate to keep the steam in. Maybe you could come back and report how it worked for you?