Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, October 19, 2015

I phone woes

Two years ago hubby got a iPhone
and when the lady at Verizon (where we bought it) set it up for him she put his email address wrong on I cloud and created a password which we can't remember. After hearing him grumble about it for a LONG time I said okay...lets go to Verizon and get it fixed. Of course you know the routine...they say hello take your name and you have a seat. They say they can't fix it and to go home and get one line with a apple support person.
Apple support person has me back up I phone not once but twice and then I am suppose to just be able to download all of it back and it will be fixed. Wrong! Now he has no I phone data at all and the phone is locked. Off to the Apple store in the mall (hate going to the mall) and told we have to go back to Verizon to get a copy of our receipt of purchase so we can prove it is our phone, After the same scenario take name, wait  we get the receipt and go back to Apple and they unlock the phone and we correct the wrong info on the I cloud...Yahoo. Get home and can't get any emails:( Go back to Verizon and they say...go home and call Cox (our phone people) and they will help you. Go home and get phone people and after trying this and that and that and this she gives me a new password and poof! We have email.

Most of the back and forth took place on Sat. and it made for a lousy day but like I told him..."At least we were miserable together".

This is a good lesson on just how dependent we are with these gadgets!!!
 

6 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Yeah, I can think of better ways to spend a Saturday. It must feel good to have it finally working as it should, though. Way to stick with it until the problem was solved!

Tired Teacher said...

Oh yeah, I detest the run around to get something fixed. Apple used to have a wonderful and efficient support line, but not so much anymore. It's frustrating. I'm delighted that you finally got everything fixed.

Granny Annie said...

Don't you wonder if smart phones are part of God's plan. Did She figure it would be fun to see us all running around slaves to technology?

Debbie said...

i am not sure there is anything i despise more than the "cloud"!! i have an iphone 6 and have had a million problems with it. i can usually fix the problems but have no idea how i did it * sigh *

Lady Di Tn said...

Yikes I just hate hate hate those kind of experiences. Go home call, Go home call? Why are they even there? That is why I do not like getting new gadgets. I keep getting messages to download my FREE version of windows ten. Heck not being born in the techno years, I have a hard time getting use to new versions and hate when they upgrade systems and you have to hunt for what you knew how to do before. Nuf said Glad ya finally got it fixed. Peace

Cranberry Morning said...

What a nightmare!!!!!!! I just had a similar experience with Amazon. Ack!!!