Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Arizona dust storm

While hubby and I were eating dinner at one of our favorite restaurants last night we could see a dust storm coming...I didn't get a picture but here is one that is close to what we saw.


People can sometimes think they are funny but they are wrong...
It can take days to clean up a pool after one of these has blown through.

If you are driving you should avoid going into the dust storm but if you can't here are some things you can do...
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/brochures/duststrm.htm

There have been many deadly pile ups here in Arizona due to dust storms..



 This is a great shot of the vastness of a dust storm in our valley of the sun.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Frighting, yet oddly beautiful, too.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Amazing photos. Would be terrifying to see in person.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh how many do you get there and why don't people stop driving when they see it coming - just pull over to the side and stop. sandie

Michelle said...

I cannot imagine having to deal with that.

Lady Di Tn said...

And I thought Prince could make a dust storm with the mower. Never seen one and hopefully I will be blessed to continue that way. Peace

Bev said...

Oh my goodness. We were driving in a dust storm once ...but it wasn't like that! ... Pictures are amazing!! but what a danger!!

Granny Annie said...

I am pretty sure I saw that last photograph in a move I watched yesterday.

Our field is beginning to look like that every day it is sooooooooo dry around here

Tracy Batchelder said...

Not something we have to deal with. Looks terrible to me.

Anonymous said...

Why don't people get off the road when they see them coming? Is there not enough time to pull off? Do they come up that fast? I've never been in one, but I have been in sudden thunderstorms where visibility went to '0' in a matter of seconds... I would imagine they're very hard to clean up, too! YiKeS! =0