Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Texas

It has been quiet on my side because we were in Texas to visit our daughter and family!

Son-in-law, daughter and granddaughter (granddaughter decided to live at home and do her last year of college on line and work and save money...smart girl)

They are renting and renovating this old homestead that sits on 30 acres and my daughter has become a farm girl! She has had rabbits for years and this one is so sweet as you can see by hubby getting a hug..
 His name is Oreo


She now has chicken and they come running when she calls them...They love blueberries.

The neighbor has cows and she has named them all and they come for treats too...


I had a video but can't get it to go....

The house is small and had many small rooms, they tore down the wall dividing the dining area and the living room and it turned out fantastic!
Son-in-law builds and fixes and daughter decorates:) They make a great team.

Daughter had to work the first day so son-in-law took us to Round Top for lunch.
It is famous for the Round Top Antiques Fair that started in 1968, Draws people from all around the world. We had lunch here


Famous for their pies, even had a order from one of our Presidents! and inside is plastered with memorabilia.

Great food and a fun place.
All of this area is Texas is very pretty and green and yes a bit humid.
(to be cont.)

8 comments:

Brig said...

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a wonderful family time!

Mari said...

Looks like a great time! Your daughter and family are beautiful and I love what they've done with the house.

Debbie said...

your daughters home is beautiful and your granddaughter is gorgeous. what a smart and pretty girl!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Looks like a great visit. I always love it when I can get together with family ! They are doing a great job remodeling, but it takes a lot of work. Good thing they make a great team.

Tired Teacher said...

I can see why your daughter & husband like the area.

Michelle said...

Looks like a great visit!

Linda said...

Oh!!! I love your post and that you were in Texas!!! Humid?? I hadn't noticed! HAAAAA!!!! YEAH!!! I have been to Brenhan before. Did you visit Blue Bell Creamery? You daughter and her husband sound like a great team. Love that house! And all your photos! Are you saying 'y'all' yet??

BeachGypsy said...

Glad you came by to see me and I'm enjoying these pictures from Texas, glad y'all got to go! Looks like y'all had a great time and I love that old house and the front porch! Fun country pictures, cows and chickens and all!