Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Did you know?

Image result for picture of hippopotamus


A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
The name Hippopotamus comes form the Ancient Greek 'river horse'.
Despite those short stocky legs they can run up to 30 km/h for a short distance.
The hippopotamus is one of the most aggressive creatures in the world and is often regarded as one of the most dangerous animals in Africa. However, if threatened on land it will often run for water.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Well, I am certainly going to keep my distance! I love that Christmas song....
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas.....

Debbie said...

cool, fun facts and a great picture!! i guess we should hold our kids close!!

Tired Teacher said...

Fun facts!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Very thankful, there are no hippos living in my neighborhood. Always good though, to learn something new!

Sandi said...

Yiiiikes!

Sandi said...

You ever notice... cartoon hippos have little, flat, stubby teeth, but in real life their teeth are stabby and wild. I wonder why that is?