Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, March 25, 2019

Arizona 1

There are many interesting places in Arizona and probably the most famous is the Grand Canyon


Here are a few tidbits...
You could pile four 1,300-foot skyscrapers on the top of each other and they still would not reach the rim.

Because elevation changes weather, the canyon itself created it's own weather.

We can enjoy the Grand Canyon today thanks to Teddy Roosevelt who first visited it in 1903 and was deeply moved by it. In 1906 Roosevelt signed a bill that proclaimed the area the Grand Canyon Game Reserve, and two years later, he made it a nation monument. Of the Grand Canyon, he said "Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.




8 comments:

Linda said...

How beautiful! I hope to see it someday in person and with my own eyes.....but until then....I will admire it through your photos!

Mari said...

I saw it for the first time last Fall. It is simply amazing! Photos do not do it justice!

Brig said...

The Grand Canyon is wonderful to experience,
so too is Oregon's Grand Canyon, the Owyhee.

Tired Teacher said...

It's a place I've always wanted to visit; perhaps, one day I will.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It would be a beautiful place to see. So glad it was made a national monument . You truly cannot improve upon nature.

Debbie said...

thanks teddy, it is a beautiful place and what a gorgeous picture!!!

Susan Kane said...

I have seen the Grand Canyon several times and I never cease to be amazed. God is one amazing Creator.

Granny Annie said...

Someday I will go there. Or maybe not. I fear heights.