Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Monday, October 16, 2017

Tues. night dinner

I am so far behind on this posting that I can't remember when I cooked what lol....


One night I fixed baked cod with a very easy recipe. Wash and dry fish and simply rub some soy sauce over the fish and sprinkle with veg. seasoning. Bake at 350 for 12 to 14 min.
but the real hit was the Creamy orzo with asparagus & parmesan
1 cup orzo
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp. butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
Cook orzo in boiling water until tender, about 10 min. After the orzo has been cooking for about 5 min. add the asparagus to the same pot and continue to cook until all is tender. Drain off the water and quickly add the parmesan cheese and butter. Stir thoroughly, allowing both the cheese and butter to melt. Slowly add the cream to the mixture, while stirring. Continue to stir and add the cream until you reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.


The carrot salad was from the deli:)



4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I discovered Orzo about two years ago, and now I love it. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Granny Annie said...

I had no idea what orzo was until I married Ron. He liked it in soup etc much more than rice. Your meal looks delicious.

Linda said...

Orzo?? I am a newby! I will look it up because if you use it - it must be good!!!

Debbie said...

the orzo sounds delish!!! orzo, small pasta i think, a little like rice? that sounds like a good recipe!!!