Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Bummer

A long time ago I read about making some things for the military and the items need to be made with 100% wool so I bought this skien
of Fisherman's wool (the dog chewed the paper) to make a helmet liner but didn't start it until recently and to my dismay the yarn is flawed big time.....Every so often it is frayed like this
 


at first I thought it was just a one time thing but as I progressed it happened more often. I tried to knot it and contiue but I felt the project was just bad so ripped it out and will get rid of this yarn!!! Wished I would have discovered it sooner and I would have returned it but it has been too long. Has anyone else every experienced this?
 

 

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

No, I haven't had that happen with Fisherman's Wool.

Mari said...

That is so frustrating!

Granny Annie said...

It has been a while but I am pretty sure I've had some yarn that has done that exact thing.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I've used Fishermen's Wool often and have never come across this problem. You might be able to get a replacement skein from the manufacturer.