Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Saturday, March 9, 2013

This and That

Normally I knit for newborns in need but got a little Christmas present ready early for the Granddaughter....

 
A little cosmetic bag...didn't it turn out cute!


You know how when you get older the things you wouldn't eat as a kid you now think is good???
Well, look what I re-discovered....
Broiled grapefruit with cinnamon and sugar.




I am reminding myself.........
Go ahead...let loose, let her rip, and come May I will be on Medicare so no worries about the doctor bills....
Or so they tell me.
 
 
 

9 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I love that knitting purse and the color. And yes it is good to have fun no matter what are ages are. sandie

Nancy said...

Age is a state of mind - go ahead and enjoy life.

I've never tried broiled grapefruit: it looks tasty.

Your granddaughter is going to love the little bag.

Granny Annie said...

Your granddaughter will love the makeup bag. You are so clever. The grapefruit looks yummy but it is totally off our diet these days since it counteracts many of our medications. Have you seen the video of the 88 year old dancing granny? It is a hoot and I posted it on my Facebook page.

Dana said...

The makeup bag is adorable!

Linda said...

You make such beautiful things! That bag is a work of art!
I haven't had a broiled grapefruit in a LONG long time.....but I bet I eat one soon. Thanks for the reminder.

One of the things I try really hard to do is grow old gracefully. I would hate to 'feel' old! Some people are OLD at a young age! I want to be YOUNG at an old age!

Lady Di Tn said...

The bag is wonderful and the GD will love it. I never thought about putting cinnamon on grapefruit, I do not eat lots of citrus fruit as it tends to shoot the old glucose numbers up. I hope Medicare is still around when you get there. I started my social security early just in case. Peace

Michelle said...

That bag really did turn out cute!

Bev said...

I love that bag!!...and broiled grapefruit..that I have to try... I am getting tired of fresh juice every morning!!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Cute bag!

I've always loved grapefruit, but never had it that way.