Don't forget to double click on pictures to enlarge

Thursday, December 4, 2008

My surprise Christmas present



Yesterday, my daughter and I spent a few hours Christmas shopping together (a real treat in itself) and one of the places we went was my favorite store (Savers) as mention before. As we walked up...there in the front window was this amazing nativity scene...all made of metal and it was Joesph, Mary and baby Jesus in the manger....it had light rope all around each figure and Joesph stood over 4 feet high. I told my daughter I was sure it wasn't for sale (as I drooled) and was only a display for Christmas. My daughter marched right in and asked if it was for sale and it was!!!!!!!!!!!! It came home with me and it all lights and everything. I have wanted one for a couple of years now and they are so expensive and most of them not that attractive so who would have ever guessed that I would get one that I love for all of $39.99.
Now that, is a Christmas present! I will post a picture when it is up and lighted.............................

4 comments:

Linda G. said...

I'm so glad for you Changes! I love it when something you've always wanted just turns up like that..looking forward to the picture!
There's a little award for you at my site:)

JeanMac said...

Merry Christmas to you! Look forward to the picture,also.

Unknown said...

What a nice present -- well, actually two of them: shopping with your daughter AND the nativity scene.

Mevely317 said...

Guess what, Changes?
I finally discovered "Savers" this morning
... and sense an addiction coming on! :)