In 1953, a fledgling company called Rocket Chemical Company and its staff of three set out to create a line of rust-prevention solvents and degreasers for use in the aerospace industry, in a small lab in San Diego, California.It took them 40 attempts to get the water displacing formula worked out. But they must have been really good, because the original secret formula for WD-40®—which stands for Water Displacement perfected on the 40th try—is still in use today.
A few years following WD-40's first industrial use, Rocket Chemical Company founder Norm Larsen experimented with putting WD-40 into aerosol cans, reasoning that consumers might find a use for the product at home as some of the employees had. The product made its first appearance on store shelves in San Diego in 1958. In 1960 the company nearly doubled in size, growing to seven people, who sold an average of 45 cases per day from the trunk of their cars to hardware and sporting goods stores in the San Diego area.
1. Protects silver from tarnishing.
2. Removes road tar and grime from your car.
3. Give floors that "just-waxed" sheen without making them slippery.
5. Keeps flies off cows.
6. Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7. Removes lipstick stains.
8. Untangles jewelry chains.
9. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
10. Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
11. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
12. Removes tomato stains from clothing.
13. Removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor.
14. Gives a children's playground gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
15. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
16. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
17. Keeps bathroom mirrors from fogging.
18. Removes all traces of duct tape.
19. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
20. Relieves arthritis pain when sprayed on arms, hands and knees.
21. Since the basic ingredient is FISH OIL sprayed on live fishing bait or lures attracts fish.
22. Removes the sting of fire ant bites.
23. Removes crayon from walls.
Want more?? Go here.